With ambitious deals such as the UK-Australia Free Trade Agreement, UK-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement, the recent agreement in principle for a trade deal with New Zealand, the Digital Economy Agreement with Singapore, and CPTPP access negotiations, the UK is forging strong digital trade links in the Asia Pacific and taking substantive steps in pursing the “tilt” towards Indo-Pacific strategy. In this session, we will explore what commercial opportunities the UK’s new FTA wins bring to tech businesses and how to maximise their benefits for digital tech scaleups.
Join this UK-APAC Tech Forum to discuss:
- Why does digital trade policy matter for UK businesses looking to enter or already doing business in the APAC region.
- What commercial opportunities do new free trade agreements present for UK tech businesses.
- How to ensure new digital trade agreements deliver benefits to businesses.
- What’s next for UK’s digital trade policy in the APAC region.
For online attendance, please register here.
We will be joined by:
- Natalie Black, Her Majesty's Trade Commissioner for Asia Pacific, Department for International Trade
- Julian David, CEO, techUK
- Sally Jones, Partner for Trade Policy, EY
- Christopher Bush, Regional Director of the Asia Pacific Digital Trade Network, Department for International Trade
- Nick Russell, Deputy Director of the Digital Trade Team, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Andrew Bud, Founder and CEO, iProov
This session will be followed by another APAC focused event on Expanding your tech business into Asia and Greater Bay Area via Hong Kong
Please register separately for this event.
Jana is techUK’s Policy Manager for International Trade.
She supports techUK members in navigating international markets, including market access and regulatory challenges, and assists the tech sector in taking full advantage of UK’s trade deals. Her responsibilities also include driving the UK digital trade policy agenda. Jana is committed to promoting UK digital trade by engaging businesses, UK government and international partners.
Jana has several years of experience in trade promotion, public policy, and providing strategic advice on international expansion strategy to companies across a variety of sectors. Prior to techUK, she worked for the Department for International Trade, helping UK SMEs expand abroad.
She holds a MA in International Political Economy from King’s College London.