techUK is bringing together experts from the technology industry, the financial services ecosystem and public sector to discuss and exchange ideas on the best route to delivering green finance.
This event is part of the techUK’s #TechGreenFinance campaign week.
At this techUK event, we will explore what the challenges are and what needs to be addressed to ensure green finance delivers for all. The topics covered at this event will include data mobility, reporting and mobilising climate finance.
COP26 has been a welcome stimulus for both the public and private sectors to increase efforts to mobilise climate finance and support the achievement of net-zero targets. The Chancellor announced that he will set out the UK's plans to become ‘the world's first net-zero aligned financial centre’ and welcomed ‘historic’ climate commitments from private companies covering $130 trillion of financial assets.
We will explore what these announcements mean for the technology and financial services sectors and what solutions private firms and Governments are developing to deliver green finance.
Speakers from the following organisations will speak at this event: IBM, Icebreakerone, Innovate UK, Tata Consultancy Services.
14:00 Introduction and welcome
14:05 Panel discussion: Data, the key to unlocking green finance
- Chair: Angus McFadyen, Chair – Partner at Pinsent Masons, Member of techUK’s Financial Services Council
- Louise Wilson, Managing Director, Abundance Investment
- Eddie Keal, Industry Leader, Financial Services, IBM UK & Ireland
- Prashant Gandhi, Principal, Financial Services, Thoughtworks
- Venn Chesterton, Driving the Electric Revolution, Deputy Director, Innovate UK
14:50 BFSI collaboration to enable Net-Zero and the future of sustainability reporting
- Pratap Tambe, Head of BFSI Blockchain Consulting, Consulting and Service Integration
- Zeeshan Rashid, Global Head Advisory - Risk and Compliance I LIBOR Transition I Climate Risk, BFSI Industry Advisory Group
15:10 Keynote speech - Lord Holmes of Richmond MBE
15:25 Quickfire chat: Data flows in green finance
- Louise Beaumont, Chair of techUK’s Open Finance and Payments Group
- Gavin Starks, Founder of Icebreaker One
15:45 Concluding remarks
Please get in touch with the team below for more information on the event.