The Connected Places Catapult is delighted to partner with techUK to host the fourth event in a series of ‘deep-dive’ roundtables exploring network energy efficiency.
This roundtable will investigate network connectivity and infrastructure demands from road and rail, including anticipated changes based on emerging technologies in the transport sector.
Some of the topics we expect to cover include:
- How will vehicle network data requirements influence telco infrastructure planning?
- How can we overcome the challenge of providing network access to vehicles in remote areas?
- What are the key opportunities for telcos in an electrified transport future?
- How can we bring improved connectivity across the rail network to support critical infrastructure needs?
- How can telcos and rail collaborate to increase network efficiency?
- What are the greatest barriers to decarbonising transport telecoms and how can we overcome them?
We invite attendees to participate throughout this roundtable, and we look forward to their contributions shaping the value produced by this event.
Energy Efficient Networks Roundtable Series
techUK, in proud partnership with the CSA Catapult, is hosting five roundtable on energy efficiency and innovation in the UK’s telecoms networks. Visit the roundtable series hub to find out more.
techUK – Committed to Climate Action
By 2030, digital technology can cut global emissions by 15%. Cloud computing, 5G, AI and IoT have the potential to support dramatic reductions in carbon emissions in sectors such as transport, agriculture, and manufacturing. techUK is working to foster the right policy framework and leadership so we can all play our part. For more information on how techUK can support you, please visit our Climate Action Hub and click ‘contact us’.