techUK will be hosting the Cabinet Office, the National Cyber Security Centre and a number of key government departments for a half day event, to update and engage on HMG's strategy for working at SECRET, including with commercial, NGO and academic partners on more sensitive matters.
The event will allow both techUK membership companies and non-member businesses to understand HMG expectations, current and future plans for SECRET working which will be of interest to organisations who need to want to work with HMG on more sensitive matters. It will also be an opportunity for cyber security and technology specialists who are interested in working with HMG on developing future solutions to understand how they can get involved.
Attendees will get to:
- Hear from the Government Chief Security Officer, Vincent Devine, who will be delivering the keynote address.
- Inform their business investment decisions in light of the market intelligence provided.
- Be part of an ongoing engagement on the topic at hand.
- Get access to information and support on how to work more closely with government - and do so securely.
- Meet with peers, competitors and potential collaboration partners in the sector.
- Hear from companies who have already benefited from real growth through working with government in this area - including through flow-down into other sectors.
A full agenda will be shared closer to the date of the event. Attendees should arrive from 9:00 for registration and there will be a light lunch and refreshments provided after to allow ongoing discussions.
Please note that the event will be held under Chatham House rules.
National Security Programme
techUK's National Security programme aims to lead debate on new and emerging technologies which present opportunities to strengthen UK national security, but also expose vulnerabilities which threaten it. Through a variety of market engagement and policy activities, it assesses the capability of these technologies against various national security threats, developing thought-leadership on topics such as procurement, innovation, diversity and skills.
National Security updates
Sign-up to get the latest updates and opportunities from our National Security programme.