This virtual session will bring together UK and Japanese technology industry representatives as well as stakeholders across the UK-Japan tech landscape to explore emerging export and investment opportunities for Japanese tech businesses in the UK and British digital tech scale ups in Japan, what government initiatives and support businesses can benefit form and what’s next for UK-Japan digital trade.
We will also discuss UK-Japan joint digital priorities, future bilateral cooperation on tech and innovation, and how we can deepen digital cooperation between the UK and Japan.
The forum meeting will present an opportunity for businesses to feed into the first draft of joint industry position paper on future UK-Japan collaboration on tech, data and innovation; building on existing commitments between both countries as set out in the Joint Announcement on Digital Collaboration.
9.00-9.15: Introduction and Welcome
- Paul Patterson, CEO, Europe Region, Fujitsu
- Anthony Walker, Deputy CEO, techUK
- Keiichi Kawakami, Senior Executive Vice President, JEITA
9.15-9.25: Opening Remarks
- The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Trade Envoy to Japan
9.25-9.45: UK-Japan tech trade: We will explore emerging export and investment opportunities in tech and discuss what’s next for UK-Japan tech trade.
- Tim Kay, Director for Technology, Department for International Trade (DIT)
- Kazumi Nishikawa, Director, IT Industry Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau, METI
9.45-10.05: What’s next for the UK-Japan digital collaboration? Following the UK-Japan joint announcement on deepening digital collaboration, we will explore opportunities for cooperation on digital tech and innovation.
- Rhys Bowen, International Director, The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS)
- Mr. Yutaka Kitagami, Deputy Director-General, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC)
10.05-10.15: Case study by Hosiden: Japan-UK technology collaboration
10.15-10.30: Paper discussion: Strengthening the UK-Japan Strategic Partnership Through Innovation: Tech industry vision for further UK-Japan an alliance built on tech and innovation.
We will present the first iteration of the joint industry paper on the UK-Japan Strategic Partnership Through Innovation.
- Jana Psarska, Policy Manager for International Trade, techUK
- Clark Vasey, Head of Corporate Affairs and Public Sector Marketing, Fujitsu
Please register on the techUK wesbite or rsvp to [email protected] to secure your place.
About the UK-Japan Tech Forum
Hosted by techUK and the Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), the UK-Japan Tech Forum is a platform to allow businesses to engage with key stakeholders in government and business in areas of UK-Japan trade, policy and market growth in both countries.
The forum is for representatives of businesses, government and other stakeholders interested in influencing or understanding the policy landscape impacting the technology sector, trade relations, and the market opportunities and challenges in Japan and the UK.
The forum brings members together to discuss issues and events that may impact their growth in the UK and Japan and provides an avenue for collective concerns to be aired and discussed with both governments. Moreover, it provides a platform for participants to explore emerging opportunities for growth and expand their business networks.