Ofgem launched a call for input on the Future of Distributed Flexibility on 1st March 2023.
They are seeking views from a variety of sectors, including the technology industry, on the proposed ideas for common digital energy infrastructure to enable distributed flexibility at scale. The call for input will be open for feedback until 10 May 2023, and techUK will be submitting a response.
09:30 – Opening Remarks and Introduction.
- Teodora Kaneva, Head of Smart Infrastructure and Systems, techUK.
09:40 – Introduction – The Future of Distributed Flexibility.
- Alex Walmsley Head of Distribution Flexibility and Enablers at Ofgem and Laura Sandys Chair of the Energy Digitalisation Taskforce.
10:00 – Audience Q&A
10:20 – Discussion
10:50 – Final Remarks and next steps
The Key Objectives of this session are to:
- Provide enough information to support useful responses to Ofgem’s call for input from the tech community.
- Demonstrate the potential for opportunities for digital investment in this space.
- Gain insight/understanding of existing examples of digital infrastructure across other sectors/internationally.
You can find the full call for input here.
You can find the list of questions here.
Teodora’s rich background varies from working in business development for a renewable energy lobbying association in Brussels to the fast moving technology innovation startup scene in the UK.
She has designed the market strategy for a German renewable energy engineering scale up for the UK, listed on Nasdaq private market, and now one of the fastest growing scale ups in the world. Previous experience also includes managing a renewable energy startup in London, which has built a small-scale biomass CHP power plant. Teodora is passionate about cross-industry collaboration and working together with academia to inform the design of future educational models and skill building.
Most recently Teodora has ran the commercial activities and business development at Future Cities Catapult, focusing on innovation in cities, digital health and wellbeing, mobility, and infrastructure. Teodora is a passionate STEM Ambassador and a vocal advocate for women in tech.
- [email protected]
- 020 7331 2016