Minutes - APPG for Broadband and Digital Communication: general discussion
The APPG for Broadband and Digital Communication convened on 21 April for a general meeting to discuss future events and activity, to help further the rollout of broadband and mobile networks across the UK. The meeting was chaired by Selaine Saxby, MP for North Devon.
Topics discussed included:
- Levelling up agenda and the benefits of next generation connectivity for the UK’s nations and regions
- Migration to All-IP/PSTN switch off
- 5G networks and enterprise use cases, such as healthcare and agriculture
- Busting barriers to deployment
- Telecoms supply chain diversification and the security of our networks
- The skills gap in the telecoms sector
- Connectivity for road and rail corridors
Follow updates from the APPG for Broadband and Digital Communication on Twitter: #APPGDigiComms
Secretariat for the APPG is provided by techUK's Communications Infrastructure and Services Programme.