Confirmed speakers include:
- Brhmie Balaram, Senior Researcher, Economy, Enterprise and Manufacturing, RSA
- Dr. Natalie Banner, Understanding Patient Data Lead, Wellcome Trust
- Matteo Berlucchi, CEO, Your.MD
- Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl, Director General, Digital Europe
- Lord Tim Clement Jones CBE, House of Lords
- Rachel Coldecut, CEO, Doteveryone
- Elizabeth Denham, Information Commissioner, ICO
- Tabitha Goldstaub, Co-Founder, Cognitionx
- Margot James MP, Minister of State, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Darren Jones MP, Bristol North West
- Sana Khareghani, Deputy Director Head, Office for Artificial Intelligence
- Rob McCargow, Director of AI, PwC UK
- Caroline Nomad, Consumer Association
- Roger Taylor, Chair, Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Hetan Shah, Executive Director, Royal Statistical Society
- Hilary Sutcliffe, Director, SocietyInside
- Jeni Tennison, CEO, Open Data Institute
- Luciano Floridi, Professor of Philiosophy and Ethics of Information Oxford University, Director of Digital Ethics Lab Oxford Internet Institute
Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl, Director General, Digital Europe
Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl is Director General of DIGITALEUROPE, the association for the digital technology industry in Europe, representing more than 35.000 digital companies. She sits in the Commission’s High-Level Expert Group on AI and is a member of the Governing Board of the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition.
Formerly, she was Executive Board member of the Danish Royal Export Ministry and Chairman of the Export Grant Committee. She also served as Executive Board member in DIGITALEUROPE, and as member of the association’s high level Digital Advisory Council.
Ms Bonefeld-Dahl has served as board member of the Danish Chamber of Commerce and Chairman of the Board of the Danish ICT association (ITB) where she has developed policy positions on Digitalisation of Business, ICT security, disruptive business models, telecoms and education.
Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl has more than 20 years of experience in the ICT industry. She previously held international positions for IBM and Oracle as well as with SMEs building business across Europe and China, and founded the cloud provider GlobeIT. She has deep insight into the digitalisation of business and society and data driven economy.
Brhmie Balaram, Senior Researcher, Economy, Enterprise and Manufacturing, RSA
Brhmie is a Senior Researcher in the RSA’s Economy, Enterprise and Manufacturing team. Her research focuses on the social and economic impact of technology. She leads the RSA’s research on the ‘sharing economy’, the ‘gig economy’, and the ethics of artificial intelligence. She is currently the programme manager for the RSA’s Forum for Ethical AI, which is engaging citizens in a deliberative dialogue about the use of AI for decision-making. Brhmie was previously a researcher for the Independent Review of the Police Federation and for the influential City Growth Commission. She has experience exploring issues of institutional reform, economic inequality and labour market disadvantage. Brhmie joined the RSA from the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) and was formerly at The Work Foundation.
Luciano Floridi, Professor of Philiosophy and Ethics of Information Oxford University, Director of Digital Ethics Lab Oxford Internet Institute
Luciano Floridi is Professor of Philosophy and Ethics of Information at the University of Oxford, where he directs the Digital Ethics Lab of the Oxford Internet Institute, and is Professorial Fellow of Exeter College. He is also Turing Fellow and Chair of the Data Ethics Group of the Alan Turing Institute. His areas of expertise include digital ethics, the philosophy of information, and the philosophy of technology. Among his recent books, all published by Oxford University Press (OUP): The Fourth Revolution - How the infosphere is reshaping human reality (2014), winner of the J. Ong Award; The Ethics of Information (2013); The Philosophy of Information (2011). His most recent book, The Logic of Information, will be published by OUP in 2019.
For further information, please contact: