To develop our response to the Call for Inputs published by Ofcom on 24 June 2022 regarding WRC-23, techUK is hosting a member-only roundtable to gather initial opinions on the proposals to help inform our response.
techUK will use this roundtable to discuss the key questions in this Call for Inputs and understand the specific areas of interest members have around WRC-23.
We welcome your thoughts and insights to help shape techUK’s response. We will address the following:
- The future use of the 6 GHz band (namely, 6425-7025 & 7025-7125 MHz)
- The review of spectrum use and spectrum needs of existing services in the frequency band 470-960 MHz in Region 1 and possible regulatory actions
- Potential identification of the frequency bands 3 300-3 400 MHz (R1-FN, R2), 3 600-3 800 MHz (R2) and 10.0-10.5 GHz (R2) for IMT
- Continued need to protect global aeronautical and maritime services, in the 4.8 – 4.99 GHz band
- Additional allocations to support narrowband IoT satellite applications
- Agenda Item 9.1 Topic C
- Any other Standing Agenda Items not covered by Ofcom’s consultation
The roundtable will be held online and will be conducted under Chatham House rule. Joining details will be shared in due course.
If you are unable to attend but would like to input into techUK's response we welcome any written feedback to be submitted to [email protected] by COP 8 September 2022.