techUK is delighted to be hosting this market engagement event with Home Office Biometrics. The HOB team are looking to engage suppliers ahead of the procurement for the Matcher Service Platform (MSP). HOB is addressing biometrics capability across the Home Office, and more widely, for the purposes of law enforcement, citizenship, immigration and asylum management. The intent of the programme is to rationalise the biometric systems and technologies currently provided across the Home Office into a unified service and in doing so, create a platform for future services as the broader biometric market develops.
MSP is a combination of a technology platform and the services required to support and operate the biometric matching functions. The MSP can be further broken down into: a Matcher Service Bus (MSB) where biometric transaction processing logic, biometric workflow rules, integration of Matching Engine Software (MES) and a Service Interface used by external subsystems; and the infrastructure platform to host and provide the computing capacity for the MSB and MES operations.
The MSP supplier will be selected to provide the following:
- MSP including a Service Bus, Biometric Workflow, Service interface, integration of Matching Engine Software and infrastructure platform;
- Service operation of the overall MSP including ITIL functions in collaboration with the Authority and other third party suppliers;
- Professional services including design, guidance, technical specifications, roadmaps, models, planning and hosting requirements for the MSP;
- Development and testing of the Matcher Service Platform and Service operations;
- Operation of regular Biometric accuracy testing;
- Collaboration with Matcher Engine Software supplier(s) to provide build, test and operation of the MSP;
- Support the migration of biometric data from legacy systems; and
- Early Life Support and ongoing Level 2, Level 3 & Level 4 Support.
This event will provide suppliers with further information about the HOB Programme and Matcher procurement, and will give potential suppliers a chance to provide feedback on the proposals, as well as providing an opportunity for Q&A. This event is a must for any tech suppliers interested in biometrics, so book your place now!
Please note that as some of the information disclosed at the event is formative and not available in the public domain, all attendees will need to sign the attached Non-Disclosure Agreement and return it to [email protected] by the 24th September. If you have not signed and returned the NDA you will not be able to participate in the event.