The increasing use of wireless connectivity across different sectors, and developments in technology leading to new and innovative applications, are driving demand for spectrum and prompting an examination of how best to manage this finite resource. Following the publication of Ofcom’s Spectrum Management Strategy in July, this event will explore how innovation in wireless networking might evolve over the next decade and consider the new and emerging spectrum management technologies and techniques that might help regulators keep pace.
- Ofcom introduction
- Session 1: Insight into how demand for the existing networks and emerging applications might evolve over the next decade and the consequent demand for spectrum.
- Professor Mischa Dohler (Chief Architect, Ericsson)
- Professor Muhammad Imran (Professor of Communications Systems, University of Glasgow)
- Q&A session
- Session 2: Insights into new technologies and future developments in spectrum management that may be needed to address the growing demand for spectrum.
- Professor Dimitra Simeonidou (Professor, University of Bristol)
- Professor Monisha Ghosh (Professor, Wireless Institute, University of Notre Dame)
- Q&A session
- Ofcom closing remarks
Please register to join us at this event, which takes place on Monday, 29 November from 3.00pm – 5.15pm GMT. After booking a place you will receive a link to the event. Only registered attendees will be able to attend.
This event may be recorded
You can join the conversation on social media using #OfcomSpectrum
If you have any further questions, please contact us by email at [email protected].
Please get in touch with the below Secretariat Team for more information: