Join us to feed in your thoughts on the role of digital connectivity in the UK government's net zero ambitions following the UK’s Wireless Infrastructure Strategy.
The telecoms sector has worked collaboratively to create an industry-wide climate action roadmap to achieve net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050, in line with the Paris Agreement. This webinar will bring together the sector to discuss telecoms' vital role in the greening industry and telecom’s enabling role across other sectors' net zero ambitions.
This will inform the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology’s Digital Infrastructure team leading on the delivery of the Wireless Infrastructure Strategy as they work to commission an independent assessment of the contribution that the adoption of 5G and other advanced wireless connectivity by key sectors can make to the UK’s net zero targets and how those benefits can be realised.
Questions and topics explored will include the following:
- In the context of net zero, what changes will we see in terms of what wireless connectivity can deliver and how we use it?
- The economic and social benefits from digital connectivity are vast – how exactly can it accelerate net zero?
- What is the enabling effect of telecoms and digital connectivity for net zero across other verticals and sectors?
- 10:00 – 10:05 Opening and housekeeping from techUK
- 10:05 - 10:15 Intro from the DSIT Digital Infrastructure Team
- 10:15 – 10:45 Feedback and insight from attendees
For any queries, please reach out to our team below: