A panel discussion to follow a quick overview of the 5G-architecture in question and the current communication from the department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) on their strategy.
The panel will address questions on –
• Why should we change the dynamics of supply change?
• What is the likely change?
• What are the technologies that we need to embrace for this change? With a look at
o Open RAN with open interfaces across network entities
o S/W OS solutions for distributed network functions at core and edge of networks
• What are the business opportunities? With a look at
o Technology Vendor
o Network infrastructure and Service Providers
o Consumers of the Communication Services (public, private & governing bodies)
+ Questions from public & attendees
List of Panel Members:
- Prof. Dimitra Simeonidou (University of Bristol)
- Dr. Dritan Kaleshi (Director of Technology - 5G at Digital Catapult)
- Dr. Abhaya Sumanasena (Spectrum and Regulation Practice Lead at Real Wireless)
- Mr. Paul Robinson (UK Civil Servant with experience from Telecommunication Industry)
Dr. Walter Featherstone (IET Swindon Network Chair)
Dr. Hamid Falaki (IET Swindon Network Event Manager)
IET event webpage:
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with the Team below.