This event is part of a new series of local public service data events where we will demystify challenges as well as show how the power of data and insight can be unlocked to improve outcomes for people and places. In this briefing we focus on how councils can utilise a data-driven approach to better understand their residents and deliver more proactive services to meet the needs of the most vulnerable, in a secure and ethical way.
Speakers will be sharing their insights and experiences on how they’ve successfully utilised a multi-agency approach; overcoming challenges to data sharing, and the role data-driven technologies can play in supporting a sensitive approach to debt collection for councils and improve outcomes for vulnerable residents.
There is a lot of focus on this area at the moment including;
• The recent launch of the Breathing Space Debt Respite Scheme (4th May)
• The removal of the ban on evictions and the potential impact on homelessness (31st May)
• The impact of the furlough scheme ending (Oct)
• The financial vulnerability of councils – how do they optimise collection with all of the above happening
• Universal Credit Reduction
• Homelessness Reduction Act – new focus on prevention
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Mark Fowler, Director of Community Solutions, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- Ingrid Koehler, Service Innovation Lead, LGiU
- Wajid Shafiq, CEO, Xantura
- Georgina Maratheftis, Head of Local Public Services, techUK (Chair)
Who is the event for?
This event is for local authorities, wider public sector, government and for techUK members.
It is free to attend for public sector. If you have any problems registering please contact [email protected]