Santander, UOB and techUK are combining resources to showcase the manufacturing and supply chain diversification opportunities that exist for UK companies in Vietnam.
• Date: Wednesday, 30 June 2021
• Time: 10am to 11am GMT
• Best performing Asian economy in 2020
• GDP growth is expected to rise to 7% in 2021
• Post Brexit FTA relationship: UK/Vietnam FTA and Vietnam one of the original signatories of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP)
The Vietnamese Electronics Industry (EI)
• Vietnam has grown as an electronics exporter from 47th in 2001 to 12th place in 2019
• The EI has grown from US$47.3 bn in 2015 to US$96.9 bn in 2019
• Largest export category making up 36% and 30% of imports • Global companies have set up a presence - Samsung, Intel, LG Electronics, Foxconn Technology, Pegatron
To find out more or to register your interest, please click here.
Jana is techUK’s Programme Manager for International Trade.
She supports techUK members in navigating international markets, including market access and regulatory challenges, and assists the tech sector in taking full advantage of UK’s trade deals. Her responsibilities also include driving the UK digital trade policy agenda. Jana is committed to promoting UK digital trade by engaging businesses, UK government and international partners.
Jana has several years of experience in trade promotion, public policy, and providing strategic advice on international expansion strategy to companies across a variety of sectors. Prior to techUK, she worked for the Department for International Trade, helping UK SMEs expand abroad.
She holds a MA in International Political Economy from King’s College London.