Kicking off techUK’s Cloud Week 2023, this event will explore the challenges and opportunities of cloud modernisation and how organisations can accelerate their journey towards a fully cloud native experience.
Cloud native technologies are designed and built to exploit the scale, elasticity, resiliency, and flexibility the cloud provides, but modernising your applications, transforming your processes and retraining your people can be challenging. This panel session will consider best practice for organisations looking beyond a “lift and shift” rehosting migration to unlock the full benefits of cloud computing.
We will discuss how cloud native technologies can benefit organisations, the practices and tools businesses should adopt to fully leverage the benefits of cloud, the challenges and risks involved in this approach, and the barriers to more widespread adoption of cloud native technologies.
Speakers will include:
- Dan Westly - Cloud Engineering Director for UK Public Sector - Oracle
- Derek Wise - Chief Product & Technology Officer - Civica
- Davide Gorini - Senior Manager, Cloud Transformation - KPMG
- Lisa Nicholson - Head of Pre-Sales - Jumar
- Sue Daley - Director, Technology and Innovation - techUK (Chair)
14:30 - 14:45 - Opening remarks by Sue Daley, techUK and Lucy Thornton - Partner, Cloud Practice Lead, KPMG
14:45 - 15:45 - Panel discussion
16:00 - 16:45 - Networking and afternoon tea hosted by KPMG