The effective management of cybersecurity risks is firmly on the boardroom agenda. A cyber breach can cause untold damage to a business – in terms of the loss of sensitive information, damage to reputation, and the risk of regulatory fines and civil claims. The risks of a cyber breach are arguably greater to businesses than ever before - cyber threat actors are more organised, and developing ever more sophisticated means of attack, critical infrastructure is increasingly reliant on the secure operation of IT systems, and the huge proliferation in working remotely which the Covid 19 pandemic has brought about, have all contributed to this.
The panellists will consider:
- The scale and nature of cybersecurity threats, key trends, and the impact of Covid 19
- The legal and regulatory risks associated with a cyber attack
- How technical and regulatory risks can be mitigated
- The view from the ground: how one business is addressing the risk
The panel of speakers consists of:
- Baroness Nicky Morgan - former Digital Secretary, now a consultant at Travers Smith
- Joshua Burch - Senior Managing Director and Head of Cybersecurity for EMEIA at FTI Consulting
- Dan Reavill - Partner and Head of the Commercial, IP & Technology group at Travers Smith
- Sian John - Director SCI Strategic Growth Business Development at Microsoft
Please contact Olivia Burgess with any questions about the webinar.