As sectors have adapted their practices in accordance with NIS Regulations, techUK has hosted a series of events to take a closer look at the cyber security challenges faced by Critical National Infrastructure. This time, we are putting the energy sector under the microscope.
Like many sectors, energy companies have experienced a significant increase in cyberattacks over recent years because cybercriminals recognise the economic value they represent. Furthermore, they come up against the same challenges related to the adoption of digital technologies and the integration of IT and OT. However, this sector also faces unique vulnerabilities due to its expansive attack surface, geographical and organisational complexity, and the distinctive interdependencies between physical and cyber infrastructure.
This techUK panel session will explore this landscape, touching on key issues such as:
- Progress made further to NIS Directive impacts.
- Impacts of the pandemic in terms of security challenges.
- A forward look at operational risk mitigation strategies.
- Keeping pace with digitalisation, and innovations from the security sector.
- Ensuring effective collaboration between the energy and cyber sector.
Speakers confirmed include representatives from the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Reliance acsn and CGI.
Book your place today!