The techUK Podcast: Empowering women to lead in cyber security
In this episode, techUK’s Programme Manager for Cyber Security, Jill Broom talks to Shiguftah Malik, Gemserv, Katie Shanahan, Crossword Cyber Security, Nuala Kilmarton, Innovate UKRI and Raya Tsolova, techUK about their journeys into cyber security, the opportunities and challenges of working in the sector and how the Empowering Women to Lead, Cyber Security Programme helped them to realise their leadership potential in this exciting industry.
Listen now to find out:
- what makes cyber security a sector that women can thrive in;
- what challenges women working in cyber still face;
- why our panellists decided to take part in the Empowering Women to Lead, Cyber Security programme;
- how the programme helped to empower them in a historically male-dominated work environment; and
- why you should consider applying for the programme, too.
More about Empowering Women to Lead, Cyber Security initiative
Applications are currently live for the Autumn 2023 programmes which are available in Scotland, London & Southern England, the Midlands and Northern England.
The application deadline for Scotland is 11 August, for the other regions it’s 1 September and you can find out more via the techUK website. You can find out more and apply via the Empowering You website here.
Our podcast panel:
Jill Broom, Programme Manager, Cyber Security, techUK
Nuala Kilmartin, Innovation Lead, Digital Security by Design, Innovate UK UKRI
Shiguftah Malik, Senior Information Security Consultant, Gemserv
Katie Shanahan, Associate Director Information Security, Crossword Cybersecurity
Raya Tsolova, Programme Manager, National Security, techUK
Read more about Nuala’s story here.
Read more about Raya’s story here.
Catch up on techUK's Women in Tech Campaign here.