Nominations open for the techUK Data Centres Council
techUK's Data Centres Council is the leadership body that works with the Data Centres Programme to:
- Steer the Data Centres Programme, agree on priorities for action, engage with the resulting Working Groups;
- Define the policy responses required for a given issue – wider programme member views will also be sought;
- Bring focus to our data centres policy work and act as the first port of call for engagement with high-profile stakeholders; and
- Represent the interests of the broader membership.
This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the Data Centres Programme priorities and be part of a platform for both thought leadership and driving forward valuable relationships with key stakeholders, including key Government Departments and Regulators – as well as working with the wider tech industry to transform the sector.
Being the first Data Centres Council formal election, all seats are up for nomination.
If this sounds interesting and you would like to apply, please:
- Read through the Data Centres Council Terms of Reference
- Nominate yourself/a colleague by emailing to [email protected] by COP 15 January 2024:
- Name of nominee
- Job title of nominee
- Company and how it fits in the Data Centres ecosystem - please specify if you're applying as an operator, SME or general seat
- A short paragraph of what the nominee can bring to Council (how he/she can contribute such as special areas of expertise, market knowledge etc).
- Following this we’ll then open the nominations for the wider membership.
Please note, that members must be able to commit to attending and actively participating in the Data Centres Council activities as set out in the ToR before a nomination is accepted.
techUK is committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion across our leadership bodies, and encourage members to put forward diverse representatives that will bring a range of views and experiences to the Council.
Key dates for the upcoming elections:
- Monday 18 December 2023: Nominations open.
- Monday 15 January 2024: Nominations close.
- IF NEEDED: Friday 19 January 2024: Elections open.
- IF NEEDED: Friday 2 February 2024: Elections close.
- Monday 5 February: Election results announced.
- First Council Meeting in Q1: Elections for the Chair and Vice-Chair will open.
- Please note: elections for Chair and Vice-Chairs will be held after the main Council elections.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss what it means to be a member of the Data Centres Council, please do contact one of the Data Centres Programme team below.
Data Centres updates
Sign-up to get the latest updates and opportunities from our Data Centres programme.