Help inspire new tech talent! Industry Insights Talks 2021-22
Industry Insights Talks are ideal for employers with a passion for inspiring the next generation of talent, and willing to share their insights into the world of tech.
The talks are organised by TechSkills, a techUK company, for undergraduates on the Tech Industry Gold degree programmes at 11 UK universities.
Previous employer volunteers have ranged from global subject matter experts to recent recruits. Topics are as varied as the speakers, for example ranging from how technology can be used to deliver benefits to business and society, to emerging technologies and their implications, to how students can develop their own career in tech.
The talks will be delivered online during the autumn and spring terms 2021-22.
Why should I get involved?
Employer volunteers typically get involved because they would like to:
- Inspire students and strengthen the supply of talent into digital careers
- Raise their company’s profile with students and universities
- Meet high quality potential new recruits with the skills to be immediately deployable.
"We have had great experience with Tech Industry Gold graduates, and are keen to contribute wherever we can. Delivering ‘Industry Insights’ is one way to do that – it gives lots of students the opportunity to hear from some of our industry experts, and we like the way these industry lectures are embedded as part of the Tech Industry Gold programme."
Candida Mottershead HR Director, Accenture
More on the process...
Industry Insights Talks are delivered online, typically on Thursdays at 14:00, but other days and times can be arranged to meet university and employer timetables.
- Employer volunteers usually present for 45 minutes, including time for a Q&A with the students.
- TechSkills facilitates the sessions.
- Prior to the day, a representative will contact you to collect your photo, Linkedin profile link or biography, and a short introduction to your talk.
- With your agreement, the talk is recorded and made available in a secure area of the techskills.org website for all students on Tech Industry Gold programmes.
Find out more…
Access the brochure (PDF).
If you are interested or have any questions, contact Karine for a chat: [email protected]