There were five key themes shown across the survey results:
- Business outlook among techUK members has rebounded after a difficult 2022, however techUK members see wider economic challenges on the horizon that could threaten their business plans.
- Industry still requires greater support for R&D and innovation, while access to infrastructure has become a greater concern.
- Sales and investment plans are cautiously looking up, showing that the industry is on the rebound.
- Businesses are reorienting to focus on efficiency with reductions in headcount across a range of companies planned.
- When asked about their ambitions for the future techUK members are focusing on growth, efficiency, and sustainability but need Government support to get there.