The self-referral system for testing key workers (those who are symptomatic or living with those that are symptomatic) was uploaded to the government website recently. The objective was to get frontline staff who are quarantined but not infected back to work. Testing slots were snapped up very quickly and government wants to be sure that key workers in critical industries are getting priority. To this effect, they have provided us with an information pack to circulate directly to our members.
We have circulated these documents to all those in our data centre group but if you are an operator, contractor or supplier working within data centres and have not received this pack please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward the documentation, which comprises:
· Letter from DHSC to employers
· Information pack explaining the programme in brief and how to use the communications materials to inform your staff
- FAQ for employers; FAQ to answer staff questions
- Slide pack explaining how to use the employer portal and click here for instructions for staff on how to use the online booking system
- Infographic explaining how to book a test
There is also plenty of information and guidance on the government website here: