Please note details of those attending may be shared with partner organiations who are presenting at the event.

Gartner reported in its “IT Key Metrics Data: Executive Summary,” that up to 90% of IT budgets are consumed by legacy support and enhancements, leaving only 10% for vital transformation projects*. Ongoing necessary annual spend on support of licensed software and associated hardware products accounts for a significant proportion of the yearly funds available to the CIO.  

Enabled by the Right to Repair legislation, third-party support delivers greater choice and control over how scarce resources are directed for U.K. enterprises.  

Join us on Tuesday, October 3, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at techUK 10 St Bride Street, London, for a breakfast briefing to discuss the benefits of third-party support across multiple business mediums.  

Hosted by techUK’s Andy Thornley, hear from a variety of experts on topics including:

  • “How third-party support is enabled by and supports regulatory compliance in FSI”: Guy Tritton, renowned author and IP Barrister with Hogarth Chambers;
  • “Best practices in cost control in IT service delivery”:Dave Edmunds, General Manager, CoCo Global Limited  
  • And a panel discussion, “Experiences in delivering third -party support in FSI,” featuring Chad Peters, Director of Infrastructure Solutions at Service Express; Tomás O'Leary, CEO and Co-Founder of Origina; and Martin Biggs, VP and Managing Director, EMEA and Strategic Markets, at Spinnaker Support.


Contact the team below regarding any relevant questions.

Andy Thornley

Andy Thornley

Head of Financial Services, techUK

Andy joined techUK in August 2022 as Head of Programme – Financial Services. His role includes leading techUK’s work in building a greater understanding of the 'technological art of the possible' in order to apply it to the reform and evolution of financial systems.

Before joining techUK, Andy worked for a number of other bodies in the financial services sector, including the British Insurance Brokers’ Association, where in addition to owning policy and public affairs, he was also responsible for fostering InsurTech in the sector.

Andy has a degree in Human Biology and holds a Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) qualification from the Chartered Insurance Institute. Outside of work, Andy is an avid cyclist and races competitively both on the road as well as the velodrome.
[email protected]

Read lessmore