Nominations are now open for techUK's Digital Twin Steering Board
techUK’s Digital Twin Working Group (DTWG) formed in Q1 2020. The DTWG has been established by techUK to critically analyse the regulatory, investment and policy frameworks that will enable the UK’s digital twin ecosystem to flourish. The DTWG set the strategic direction of techUK’s engagement work in this area and is supported by four voluntary delivery groups that currently focus on:
- Developing a reference architecture and integration guidance for digital twin deployment
- Developing taxonomy for different digital twin characteristics
- Cross-sector engagement
- Futures and horizons scanning
The DTWG has played an increasingly integral role in the UK’s digital twin ecosystem. For instance, in close partnership with the Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB) and the UK’s National Digital Programme (NDTP), the DTWG provided advice to senior decision-makers around the federation of digital twins in the UK, and the realisation of human-centered, sustainable, and resilient outcomes alongside the scaled adoption of digital twins.
The DTWG has been uniquely placed to advise organisations across Central Government on the strategic significance of digital twins, and it has strong working relationships with policy leads across Whitehall (particularly DCMS, BEIS and the UKRI).
The Digital Twin Steering Board 2023 – Election Procedure
We are seeking to elect a new strategic board, comprised of members, who will help us elevate our digital twin working group even further.
The aim of the steering board is to work with the team to provide market insights and assist techUK’s strategic output for the years ahead.
The steering board will be meeting once per quarter and will inform the value proposition of the digital twin group.
- If you wish to join the steering board as a member of the group, please express your interest in writing to [email protected]
- We will elect 1 Chair and 1 Vice-Chair to lead the steering board. If you wish to put yourself forward for any of the positions, please fill out this form and return to [email protected].
Deadline for submission of interest and Chair and Vice-Chair applications is Monday, 16 January 2023.
All applications for Chair and Vice-Chair will be made public for voting In January 2023.
- Please read our Terms of Reference here.
- You can find the Digital Twin Group Value proposition here (draft). This is a preliminary document, which will be agreed and finalised by the newly formed steering group.
Teodora’s rich background varies from working in business development for a renewable energy lobbying association in Brussels to the fast moving technology innovation startup scene in the UK.
She has designed the market strategy for a German renewable energy engineering scale up for the UK, listed on Nasdaq private market, and now one of the fastest growing scale ups in the world. Previous experience also includes managing a renewable energy startup in London, which has built a small-scale biomass CHP power plant. Teodora is passionate about cross-industry collaboration and working together with academia to inform the design of future educational models and skill building.
Most recently Teodora has ran the commercial activities and business development at Future Cities Catapult, focusing on innovation in cities, digital health and wellbeing, mobility, and infrastructure. Teodora is a passionate STEM Ambassador and a vocal advocate for women in tech.