Note: Please access this link for information on the requirement and how to register for the pre market engagement: Publication reference: 2021/S 000-008268
Thank you for expressing an interest to be part of the pre-market engagement for The Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) Universal Credit (UC) Contact Centre Services Opportunity, to be hosted week commencing 10 May 2021. Pin reference: 2021/S 000-008268
The DWP is preparing to procure a contract for the provision of UC contact centre services. The contract will include the delivery of contact centre telephony services for Universal Credit customers to enable them to access information about UC services and will include the ability to on-board additional service lines of a similar nature during the lifetime of the contract.
DWP is looking to engage suppliers to test their thinking around the DWP Scope, Commercial Model and UC Strategy and give potential suppliers the opportunity to better understand the requirements and provide information on best practice and feedback. Therefore, to maximise the opportunity for an interactive and collaborative premarket engagement, the agenda will be as follows:
1. Morning Session - 9:30 - 12:30: DWP officials to provide suppliers an overview of the requirement to better understand the opportunity. Following the presentation there will be an opportunity for suppliers to ask any questions.
2. Afternoon Sessions: DWP will have 3 interactive focussed sessions, with the opportunity for suppliers to gain a greater understanding and ask questions and seek clarity in reference to the morning session presentation.
Please note that due to technical capacity constraints, suppliers will be limited to a maximum number of 2 delegates for each session on the 10 May 2021, as per the details below:
If you are interested in joining the morning session (9:30 to 12:30) please provide a maximum of 2 delegates from your organisation when booking your tickets.
If you are interested in joining the interactive afternoon focussed sessions, as per the below, please confirm which session/s your organisation you would like to join when booking your tickets (maximum 2 delegates per session), preferably with designated subject matter experts, who can support the interactive Q&A sessions:
- Interactive Afternoon Session 1: Scope, Operating Model & Strategy: 13.30pm – 14.15pm
- Interactive Afternoon Session 2: Technology, Security and Platform Interfaces: 14.30pm – 15.15pm
- Interactive Afternoon Session 3: Commercial, Pricing Approach & Forecasting: 15.30pm -16.30pm
Please note that the deadline for registrations is 5 May 2021.