When you think of the ‘metaverse’, what first springs to mind? Computer games? VR goggles? Funky graphics? While discussion is likely to continue as to what the metaverse is, and perhaps is not, what is clear is that the metaverse has the potential to revolutionise different industries – from how we bank and even the tools and ‘currencies’ we use.
In this session, we will look at some real-life applications of the metaverse in the financial services sector beyond the immersive VR glasses we often see in imagery accompanying the word. We’ll consider a plurality of applications, including how digital twins (virtual models designed to replicate an object or entity) can be used to test product launches, operational resilience and financial modelling – all in the metaverse.
By the end of this session, attendees will
- Understand what is meant by the metaverse – in terms of both consumer and enterprise applications
- Explore what banking and finance may look like in metaverse worlds, and the transition banks may need to make
- Learn some of the benefits that the financial services can achieve by using this technology;
- Have a better idea about the speed of roll-out;
- Be conversant in what is digital twinning and how it can help financial services firms.
- Differentiate between the metaverse, DLT and blockchain technologies, digital twinning, and the use cases that converge these together
- Steve Suarez, Global Head of Innovation, HSBC
- Dave Wilson, Account Chief Technologist, DXC Technology
- Ruth Maria Bousonville, Legal Director, Pinsent Masons