This session is now fully booked, but you can add your name to the waiting list. If you are unable to attend but would like to submit a response to the questions outlined below, please email to [email protected] who will pass these on to the organisers.
As the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) is looking at new approaches to digital and technology, we want to consider what the future impact of technology will be, and how we can best prepare for a changing landscape. We would like to consider this under three broad themes, and then discuss with our partners: the current approaches (now); what is emerging (next); and what is on the horizon (future) to tackle these challenges.
Due to limited spaces we are only accepting one registration per organisation for now. This is subject to change and we will get in touch if capacity can be increased. Please ensure the most suitable person from your organisation attends.
The aim will be to discuss these challenges in a virtual roundtable setting with MoJ and techUK members. The key outcome from the session will be to understand more about how changing technologies will impact the justice system beyond 2025, and where there are potential opportunities to explore partnerships. This is your chance to feed into the strategy so come prepared to get involved in the discussion.
The three key themes identified are:
- How can we better evaluate when to build or buy new tools or services?
- Are there lessons we can learn from the justice systems in other societies from other sectors?
- What are the predictions for changes in the technology landscape that could impact large, public sector organisations? What could that impact be?
- What are the emerging frameworks for innovation that could help us work differently?
- What ideas and technologies in research could help us innovate and solve problems in new ways?
The future of work
- How will changes to technology affect the workplace?
- What are the emerging and future technologies for reducing manual work? Not just for admin roles, but also for more specialist roles in technology, eg. Developers
- How can we use technology to work more sustainably? (both from technology and environmental perspective)
Tackling Legacy Technology
- What are the applications of new/emerging technology in organisations that are wrestling with tech debt and legacy systems?
- What are the emerging technologies that are being used to drive innovation, changes in workplaces, reduction of tech debt?
- What are people seeing as the biggest opportunities to use new technologies at the moment?