Cyber Directorate - Software Developer
Within the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology, we are driving an ambitious digital agenda to make Britain the most connected, tech friendly, innovation-driven, digitally skilled and cyber-secure country in the world. The Cyber Directorate works to make the digital economy trusted and secure for people and businesses by investing in security, setting standards and growing capability.
We deliver key objectives within the National Cyber Security Strategy, by working to:
- secure the economy and society against cyber attacks by investing in skills, sector growth, innovation, science and technology, and establishing an effective regulatory regime to drive action.
We are currently consulting on the risks associated with software across its lifecycle, from development to deployment within and across supply chains. As we look to analyse industry feedback and determine where and how government should intervene to mitigate these known risks, we are looking for an industry expert with expertise and knowledge in software coding, development and use to help advise on the feasibility and likely effectiveness of different policy levers. This work would culminate in a further consultation paper, circulated for Ministerial sign off across Government, before being published on gov.uk for further stakeholder feedback.
- Knowledge of software development and use lifecycle across a variety of uses, e.g. from AI, Operational Technology to daily business functions (payroll, etc).
- Conceptual thinking skills and ability to communicate conceptual frameworks in a comprehensible manner to non-technical people.
- Stakeholder engagement skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Desirable: some knowledge of security vulnerabilities and potential for vulnerabilities in software design and use.
- Download the Secondees Specification document here.
Start as soon as possible and for a duration of 3 months, with possible extension for a further 3 months.
Part Time - looking for candidates to offer 2-3 days a week for the duration of the project.
Register Your Interest: