The Northern Ambulance Alliance (NAA) is a partnership between the four northern Ambulance Services. One of the key areas of the NAA's work is the Common Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) project, involving the North West, Yorkshire and East Midlands Ambulance Services.
The aim of the project is to jointly procure a single CAD system (including 999, 111 and PTS), which needs to be scalable to allow other trusts to adopt in the future. This will enable better patient care through the seamless control of 999, 111 and PTS across the NAA. The expected benefits of this approach include:
- Improved patient experience and outcomes as a result of cross boundary flexibility
- Increased efficiency and standardisation due to collaborative working
- Reduced costs, for example, through the creation of a single procurement framework.
Options are still being considered, however, based on work to date, a common CAD is likely to involve:
- A framework offering one solution for 999 and one or more solutions for 111 and PTS
- An interoperable CAD for 999 across the NAA (made up of multiple instances of the same system) that is interoperable / integrated with local 111 and PTS solutions.
As part of the development of the Outline Business Case, techUK and the NAA will be organising an industry day, expected to take place towards the end of February or beginning of March, where potential suppliers will be updated on the Common CAD project and present their ideas and solutions.
Those interested in participating should register for the briefing we are holding on 20 January, which will provide an overview of the project and what the team are looking for from the industry day, and an opportunity to ask questions.
After the briefing, participants will be invited to express an interest in presenting at the industry day, which will be followed by a request for indicative costs to inform the Outline Business Case. If the business case is approved, the expectation is that an invitation to tender will follow at the end of September 2021.
This is a great opportunity to find out more about a project that is at the forefront of digital transformation across the ambulance service. Book your place now!
If you encounter any issues while trying to register, please contact Health and Social Care Programme Manager Leontina Postelnicu: [email protected]