Over the past six months, the NDS forum has played a key role in ensuring that a diverse range of perspectives beyond government and the public sector continue to inform the National Data Strategy’s implementation. NDS Forum participants have:
- helped us gather input from stakeholders across the UK as part of the ‘Data: A New Direction’ consultation.
- run events showcasing the value of data and local best practice, across the UK.
- helped the Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation conduct and collate research into public attitudes towards data use, through the NDS Forum Trust in Data Working Group.
- supported the DCMS call for evidence to identify metrics that could be fed into our National Data Strategy indicator suite.
- and explored how we can work together to harness the power of data to meet our Net Zero ambitions through two discussions under the Net Zero workplan.
We want to build on the progress we have made and continue to focus our efforts on areas where the NDS Forum can make the most impact.
You will hear from Sue Daley, co-chair of the NDS Forum, and Phil Earl, Deputy Director, Data Strategy, Implementation and Evidence, at DCMS as they reflect on NDS Forum successes and set out the key priorities for 2022. You will also have the opportunity to contribute and share any initial thoughts on how you would like to get involved.