[OPPORTUNITY] ACT4Green: UK-India Clean-Tech Startup Programme
‘ACT4Green(Accelerating Clean-Tech for Green)’, is the new initiative to support tech SME’s and start-ups in the clean-tech space for a ‘Build Back Better’ focussed economic growth and recovery in the post COVID world.
ACT4Green stands for Accelerating CleanTech for Green. Under the UK-India Tech Partnership, the British Government has joined forces with the leading green-tech accelerators in India and the UK to deliver an intensive capacity development programme culminating in a pitch event with great opportunity to access new investment.
We are here to accelerate Indian and UK clean tech start-ups by strengthening their strategy and fundraising prospects, understand how to access new markets, and opportunity to access new investment.
WHAT CAN THE ACT4GREEN PROGRAMME DO FOR ME?
ACT4Green intends to accelerate Indian and the UK startups by helping them:
- Gain expertise in business development, market analysis and tech innovation.
- Become investment-ready.
- Access an opportunity to win investment from venture capitalists.
OBJECTIVES OF ACT4Green:
- Address the funding, mentoring and market access needs of Indian and UK clean tech start-ups by leveraging the expertise within both the India and UK clean tech ecosystems.
- Build and leverage the power of the UK venture capital network which is currently under invested in the clean tech sector in India.
- The programme is designed to enable selected Indian and UK start-ups to expand internationally through market entry support in their respective cross border markets of interest.
- Indian and UK startups will participate as a single cohort with the aim of encouraging peer learning, new tech R&D partnerships, and joint business development.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- We are looking for both Indian and UK cleantech start-ups who will participate as one cohort.
- ‘Clean tech’ for this programme covers new technologies that enable innovations in smart grid and energy storage, green transportation, and energy efficiencies in cities, buildings and industries (aka ‘smart technologies’).
- Start-ups working in these domains will also be required to demonstrate a digital technology component in their solutions to qualify for the program.
- We have a special focus on promoting green transportation/mobility technology. Startups from Maharashtra are encouraged to apply.
- Women-led startups are encouraged to apply.
To know more about the program please visit and apply at: https://bit.ly/Act4Green
Interested participants can contact Krishan Kumar Gupta at [email protected] for any further queries regarding the programme and the application process.