Nominations open for the techUK Smart Energy and Utilities Steering Board
If you are a member of the energy community and want to contribute to techUK’s programme of work in Smart Energy and Utilities (Energy and Water), part of our infrastructure programme, submit your nomination to join the steering board by 29 February 2024.
techUK's Smart Energy and Utilities Programme provides a strong platform of technological solutions in support of delivering a competitive, dynamic, and flexible market. The programme aims to provide leadership in emerging technologies and innovation benefits with a focus on decarbonisation, affordability, accessibility and reliability.
This is an excellent opportunity to help shape our work stream priorities and be part of a platform for both thought leadership and driving forward valuable relationships with key stakeholders, including key Government Departments and Regulators – as well as working with the wider tech industry to transform the sector.
Nominate yourself/a colleague by emailing to [email protected] by 29 February 2024:
- Name of nominee
- Job title of nominee
- Company and how it fits in the Data Centres ecosystem - please specify if you're applying as an operator, SME or general seat
- A short paragraph of what the nominee can bring to the steering board (how he/she can contribute such as special areas of expertise, market knowledge etc).
Following this we’ll then open the nominations for the wider membership.
Please note, that members must be able to commit to attending and actively participating in the Smart Energy and Utilities activities as set out in the Terms of Reference before a nomination is accepted.
techUK is committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion across our leadership bodies, and encourages members to put forward diverse representatives that will bring a range of views and experiences to the Steering Board.
Key dates for the upcoming elections:
- Tuesday 19 December 2023: Nominations open.
- Wednesday 31 January 2024: Nominations close.
- Thursday 1 February 2024: Elections open.
- Thursday 8 February 2024: Elections close.
- Monday 12 February: Election results announced.
- First Council Meeting in Q1: Elections for the Chair and Vice-Chair will open.
- Please note: elections for Chair and Vice-Chairs will be held after the main steering board elections.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss what it means to be a member of the Steering Board contact [email protected].