Leave with a roadmap to be a World-Class Bidding Organisation
A successful Bid Capability is the lifeblood of tech organisations like yours. Sadly, many organisations undervalue it, treating it as a siloed department subservient to Sales. Today's world-class bidding organisation places bidding at the heart of everything.
A great example is Computacenter, who made the transition from being the leading UK tech reseller to the major force in the marketplace they are today by putting bidding at the heart of their business. Their journey began by assessing how they measured up against the Get to Great® model below:
This course uses the same model to start you on your journey to be a World-Class Bidding Organisation.
Who should attend the course?
Anyone with a stake in your organisation’s Bid Capability and its success.
- Sales Directors
- Senior Sales Leaders
- Head of Bid Management
- Bid Managers
- Solution Architects
Why should you register for this course?
- Used successfully by numerous global and UK based tech organisations over 15 years.
- Identify and prioritise the elements to work on to maximise win rates and minimise cost.
- The course delivers value regardless of the current size of your organisation.
What is the course outcome?
- Attendees leave with a roadmap that identifies and prioritises elements to develop and ideas to make it happen.
- Evidence-based output to take back to the business to raise the profile of the bid function, win executive support and additional resources.
What is the course agenda?
Coffee and Registration from 9.00-9.30am
Introduction and course outline from 9.30am
The 14 key elements – how well do you:
- Value bidding and behave?
- Exhibit the appropriate skills and behaviours?
- Adhere to bid processes and procedures?
- Understand and influence opportunities before bidding?
- Qualify and invest in the appropriate opportunities?
- Resource the bid?
- Develop win strategies?
- Undertake solution design and costings?
- Develop and validate proposals?
- Develop and deliver presentations?
- Apply standard style and content?
- Negotiate and close opportunities?
- Review and learn from the outcome?
- What level of Leadership and support do people receive when bidding?
Who is the course leader?
Chris Whyatt has over 20 years experience in successful strategic bid and capability development. Founding Director of the UK chapter of APMP, acting as their COO for the first three years. Created Get to Great® - Developing World-Class Bid Capability in 2000. Subsequently developed and deployed as a Bid Capability development tool in dozens of tech organisations including Computacenter, De La Rue, HPE, IBM, SAP and numerous smaller businesses. Unlike many trainers, Chris is still actively practising his craft and has worked with techUK for the last ten years, delivering this and other programmes with great success.
Proof of ROI and value delivered
"The 'Get to Great®' workshops we ran in 2006 and 2012 enabled our key stakeholders across the business to come together. We measured where we were, discussed what we could do and came up with shared plans to deliver improvements. On reflection they were catalyst that changed how we worked to deliver 'best-in-class' bid capability that has fuelled our growth across our business."
David Newsome - Business Enablement - Head of Bid Management, Computacenter (UK) Ltd