Why should you choose this course?
The Mobile Video Pro masterclass will empower you to shoot, edit, or share fantastic footage with nothing but your handset. Video is the most powerful way to showcase your business and so it makes perfect sense to learn how to do this with the camera that’s always in your pocket – a phone. You will also discover the apps or gadgets that unlock truly professional results in just a single day.
Dashboard Media is London's top mobile-video training agency. Since 2011, we have kickstarted the creativity of many of the UK's best-known brands. Our courses deliver instant skills-acceleration with plenty of 'practical playtime’ because the best way to learn anything is to get your hands dirty and have fun. We believe in small groups and so there are no more than a dozen delegates at this event.
Mobile Video Pro is the original and best training of its type in the UK. This is a proven programme that has helped hundreds of people to achieve amazing things. Come along and find out why.
You will learn to:
- Plan video shoots that work in all conditions
- Capture footage that’s rock-solid and pin-sharp
- Record clear audio with ‘mobile’ mics
- Edit on the phone with voiceover or titles
- Publish straight onto social channels
- Broadcast live with Facebook or Instagram
Who should attend?
We’ve given up guessing why people need to make more videos. What we do know is that Mobile Video Pro has enabled hundreds of our clients to meet their business goals, whatever these may be. Here are just a few inspiring examples. What will you do with your new skills?
- British Gas fixes boilers faster because its engineers now share instructional video-clips
- Queen Mary University gives sneak previews of projects its scientists are cooking-up in the lab
- Save the Children field-workers reveal the truth about emergency situations as they unfold
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office showcases events at British embassies around the globe
- UBS sells its invaluable financial insights into media outlets as news stories go live
- The Football Association publishes social interviews with England players on foreign trips
- English Heritage captures the flavour of events that it runs at the UK’s historic monuments
Who is the course leader?
This event will be led by Alex Pell, former tech editor of The Sunday Times and founder of Dashboard Media, London’s top creative-skills accelerator. Alex has also edited Stuff Magazine, the world's best-selling consumer tech title, and has an invaluable gift for making even the most complex ideas simple. In 2015, he won the ‘People’s Choice’ Webby Award for urban innovation and the JustGiving ‘Tech for Good’ Award as co-founder of SnapDonate, the fintech fundraising app. The Mobile Video Pro course was co-devised by Richard Taylor, founding editor of Click, the BBC's flagship tech-brand.
Watch how Mobile Video Pro helps Cancer Research UK tell incredible stories
“I have personally never before come away from a training course feeling so excited.”
Martin McGlown, Head of Regional Press, Cancer Research UK
“Thank you for the excellent training. The group took a great deal away from these sessions – and naturally they all wanted a bit longer”
Kate Burnham, Digital Training & Upskilling Officer, Foreign & Commonwealth Office
“Dashboard Media is the best-kept secret in training. It has created inspirational courses for lots of our editorial teams. This is a classy operation”
Will Findlater, Editor-in-Chief, Haymarket Creative Solutions
What is the cost
techUK Members - £399.00 + VAT
Non Members - £599.00 + VAT
What are the requirements for attending the course?
You will need to free up at least 500MB of storage and pre-install two apps. And don't forget to charge the battery.
For iPhone owners, the two apps you need are: Apple iMovie (free) and FiLMic Pro (£14.99). If you have an iPhone 7 or newer, then kindly also bring your Lightning headphone-adaptor.
If you own an Android handset, there are two versions of the FiLMic app. To see which one is right for you, please download the free FiLmic Evaluator app (see below) as it will identify which one you should buy.
Android fans will also need to pre-install the PowerDirector app (£4.99) for the editing section of the course.
If you are not sure whether your company is a member of techUK, click here to check first to ensure you pay the correct price for the course you are booking. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Mariana.Obetzanova@techUK.org.