Why should you choose this course?
This workshop will help you develop a complete process for creating effective copy – from interpreting a brief to writing the copy itself.
The course will explore preparation and starting points. What useful connections are there between your product and target reader? What impact do you want to make? What action do you want the reader to take? With these objectives in mind, we will examine different possible structures for different types of documents – online copy, press releases, brochure copy, brand ads and others.
We will then focus on producing clear, easy-to-read copy. We will test out different approaches for joining together ideas and images as building blocks, with the ultimate aim of persuading the reader. This will include ways of deploying tone, emotion and key phrases for the right results.
There will be practical exercises throughout the course, with an emphasis on sharing best practice.
Who should attend?
· Professionals who write online content or other documents for selling products or services.
· Sales professionals who want to be as persuasive on the page as they are in person
What is the course outcome?
By the end of the workshop, you’ll have gained new approaches to preparation that you’ll be able to apply across different media. You’ll have evolved a process that is creative, collaborative and organised. You’ll be able to avoid clichés, and opt for a fresh style to get your brand across in a memorable way.
What is the agenda?
· Coffee and Registration from 9:00am
· Interpreting a brief successfully
· Understanding your target reader – identifying their desires & fears
· Planning and assembling creative ideas
· Turning product features into benefits
· Developing a theme or story
· Drafting copy
· Choosing the right tone and style
· Building rapport with your target readers
· Trigger words and phrases – get attention and hold interest
· Understanding incentives – converting desire to action
· Editing your own and other people’s copy
Who is the course leader?
Karen Glossop’s expertise lies in coaching people to explore different approaches to how they present their messages, whether they're writing words on the page or speaking to a live audience. Since 1997, she has tutored groups and individuals in areas such as: influencing, presentation skills, facilitation skills, business writing, personal impact, storytelling, creativity and leadership. Karen is an Associate Tutor at London Business School and Said Business School, Oxford. She is also a Consultant at the Centre of Charity Effectiveness, Cass Business School. Recent clients include: KBC Group NV; Safer London; Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity; Flag Communications; Transport for London; Birkbeck, University of London; Price Waterhouse Coopers; Forrester Research; Microsoft; QAD, Europe; Domestic & General.
“Karen was very good, I really loved her way of presenting things & getting me to think. It was an enjoyable & informative way of training.”
Sophie Griffiths – Rated People
What is the cost of the course?
techUK Members- £395.00 + VAT
Non Members- £595.00 +VAT