Why should you choose the Leadership Skills course?
This course is designed to improve business insight and leadership and management skills. It will enable key members of your technical, consultancy and sales support team to develop their leadership and commercial skills.
This course will help participants to create a work environment that encourages commitment, innovation and co-operation. Delegates will be gaining an insight into effective leadership and acquire the skills to manage, guide and develop a technical or consultancy team to achieve success.
Who should attend this course?
Our workshop is aimed primarily at those who are responsible for managing and leading 'technical' teams. The course will be beneficial to both existing managers and those who are transitioning or interested in moving into a leadership and management role. It will also be of interest to anyone who needs to bridge the communication gap between front end sales and the technical team.
What is the course agenda?
Coffee and Registration from 9.00am
Introduction and course outline from 9.30am
The following topics will be covered:
- Understanding the difference between leading and managing a technical team
- Building credibility and trust as a leader
- Developing a powerful personal leadership brand
- Identifying your strength and derailleurs
- Motivating a team to success
- Communication strategies for a variety of situations
- Managing teams through change
- Managing remote and virtual teams
- Developing a team through coaching
- Understanding stress management and conflict resolution
- Dealing with difficult personalities
Who is the course leader?
Salma Shah is the Director of Beyond and Winning Demos. Throughout her I.T. career spanning tech giants such as Oracle, PeopleSoft and Dotcom start-ups Salma Shah has typically worked for organisations experiencing fast growth and profitable expansion.
Salma's courses are based on best practice experience (she has worked as a Consultant Pre-Sales and Sales) and the current trends and challenges of today's Tech sector. Salma's client base is Tech sector with a focus on Training and discrete Exec Search.
techUK Members - £445.00 + VAT
Non-Members - £645.00 + VAT
If you are not sure whether your company is a member of techUK, click here to check first to ensure you pay the correct price for the course you are booking.