It is predicted that one tenth of the worlds GDP will make its way onto the blockchain market by 2025.
The scope of transformation led by blockchain technologies will not be solely confined to finance. Blockchain technology will transform the way businesses interact and collaborate, creating new opportunities based upon the transparency of processes and data.
Engaging early with this technology and planning strategies now will ensure that opportunities are not missed. Leaders from multiple sectors should be ready to engage their stakeholders in discussions about how blockchains can benefit their organisations from the ground up.
This full-day executive/ senior management training course will empower management to realistically assess the risks and the opportunities on blockchains/cryptocurrencies to make informed decisions about the future of their business.
Who should attend?
- Business Leaders who would like to understand how blockchains can help them to expand their business
- C-level executives who would like to learn more about blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Solicitors providing legal advice to technological companies
What is the course outcome?
At the end of the course participants should be able
- To understand the fundamental principles of blockchains and distinguish different variants of the technology
- Understand different applications of blockchains such as crypto currencies, smart contracts and notary applications
- Be able to confidently communicate the impact of blockchains to colleagues
- Understand how blockchain technologies are being used today to resolve Page 2/5 business problems
- Recognise the regulators view of blockchain
- Being able to identify the risks and the opportunities that blockchains offer
- Map a clear strategic roadmap to leverage the benefits of this new technology for their own business
What is the course agenda?
- A brief history of blockchains
- Why blockchains
- Public key cryptography for business people
How blockchain works
- What are blockchains
- Fundamental principles of the technology
- Existing technologies: Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies
- Public blockchains
- Smart contracts
- Benefits and risk
Blockchain for traditional business
- Private blockchains
- Case studies and examples in notary applications
- Benefits and risk
The Future of Blockchain
- Current Landscape in finance and other business sector
- Myth buster
- Jargon buster
Who is the course leader?
Dr Maria G Vigliotti is a leading expert in computing with a vast experience in security, cryptography, blockchains, training in academic and non-academic environments. Maria is the CEO of Sandblocks Consulting, a company providing:
- Blockchain executive training
- Training on coding The Ethereum Blockchain
- Blockchain requirements workshops
- Bespoken blockchain solutions
- Security audits for smart contracts
Maria is the Chief Editor of the open access journal Frontiers in Blockchain, Smart Contract section https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/blockchain/sections/smart-contracts#about,
a member of the Distributed Ledger Technology Committee of the International Standard Organisation (ISO/TC 307)
Maria holds a PhD in Computing from Imperial College London. She has several years of experience in formal verification of code for concurrent systems in safety, critical applications, industry and academia. She also, worked on cryptographic attacks with The European Railway Traffic Management Systems (ERTMS), the European railway signaling system and the Cyber security strategy for the railway. Maria has published over thirty papers in reference to international academic journals and conferences.
What others say about the course.
"Maria tailored the course to suite the level of knowledge in the audience in a way that ensured we all left with a valuable insight into the technology. The course content was well structured and superbly delivered by Maria, who as well as being abundantly qualified is also clearly one of industry’s leading experts in her field.
I would highly recement the BlockChain Master Class to anybody who like me needs to understand this novel technology and its value to the wider business environment."
Colin Hamilton, Horsebridge Defence & Security Limited
“I found this course to be very interesting and it conveyed the basic principles of blockchain in a way to allow me to research the topic further with confidence.”
Eryl Hardman, Senior Legal Counsel - Nomimet
What is the cost of the course?
techUK Members - £395.00 + VAT
Non Members - £595.00 + VAT
The next dates for this courses are on:
If you are not sure whether your company is a member of techUK, click here to check first to ensure you pay the correct price for the course you are booking. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.