Concept viability improves delivery and reduces risks by enabling change projects to benefit from early advice from the IT industry in a confidential, controlled and fair way.
'Engaging with the market before starting the formal procurement process is best practice and helps to maximise value for money from the resulting procurement.' - Cabinet Office Procurement Policy Note, May 2012
techUK is committed to helping public sector customers reach out to the tech market to draw upon its incredible depth and breadth of skills, knowledge and innovation. techUK's Three Point Plan on transforming public services called for better engagement between the tech industry and Government to deliver affordable public services.
About Concept Viability
Our Concept Viability allows public sector customers to have a two-way dialogue with the tech market and provides suppliers of all sizes, including small businesses, with an opportunity to help shape and validate ideas, plans and requirements. The process takes place within a neutral environment and helps buyers assess the opportunities and risks associated with specific projects before committing themselves to a particular approach.
To date, we have held more than 150 events on projects and programmes by central government, local government and other public bodies, including: Department for Work and Pensions, HM Treasury, Home Office, Land Registry, Ministry of Defence, NHS Wales, Suffolk County Council, Metropolitan Police and Transport for London.
Benefits of Concept Viability
Our Concept Viability programme provides a mechanism for effective pre-procurement market engagement and helps to improve the commercial capabilities of public sector buyers, which is one of the four key priorities of the Civil Service Capabilities Plan published in 2013.
- Allows public sector buyers to have a two-way dialogue with suppliers of all sizes, including SMEs;
- Helps Government understand how the market can help contribute to solutions and where there are opportunities to exploit innovation;
- Provides early visibility of risks and challenges, including technical and commercial aspects, and demonstrates a mature procurement approach.
For tech suppliers it is an opportunity to:
- Help shape and validate ideas, plans and requirements with Government buyers;
- Discuss issues and concerns around the procurement process;
- Decide at an early stage whether to bid for work, saving significant time and financial resources;
- Network and interact with a wide range of potential supply chain or consortia partners.
Read more about the value of our Concept Viability for the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Land Registry.
Check out our event page for all upcoming Concept Viabilities!
To find out more about how we can support your market engagement strategy contact: