The strategy sets out a shared vision for a thriving UK information economy that enhances national competitiveness, with:
- A strong, innovative, information economy sector exporting UK excellence to the world
- UK businesses and organisations, especially small and medium enterprises (SMEs), confidently using technology, able to trade online, seizing technological opportunities and increasing revenues in domestic and international markets
- Citizens with the capability and confidence to make the most of the digital age and benefiting from excellent digital services
Long term success will be underpinned by:
- A highly skilled digital workforce (whether specialists who create and develop information technologies, or non-specialists who use them)
- The digital infrastructure (both physical and regulatory) and the framework for cyber security and privacy necessary to support growth, innovation and excellence.