MPA and Singapore Shipping Association (SSA) have launched an open call for Joint/Collaborative Industry Projects (JIP) to encourage our technology community, maritime stakeholders and adjacent sectors to forge innovation partnerships to address the challenges & opportunities as a result of COVID-19 on disrupted global supply chain, affected operations and services within the maritime sector, and submit innovation proposals.
They are looking to use AI, cloud, robotics, wearables and smart/remote technology to minimise human contact aiming to enhance safety, productivity, cost savings, enhanced workforce resilience, operations resilience, and customer service resilience.
- Application Start: 26 May 2020
- Application Deadline: 10 July 2020
- Expected Project Commencement: 1 September 2020
- Expected Start of Trial: 1Q 2021
Joint projects may be on, but not limited to:
- tele-consultation and medication for seafarers
- enhanced customer services and minimal touchpoints at piers
- solutions and standards development for remote ship inspection and survey
The Maritime Innovation & Technology (MINT) Fund will be providing funding support level up to 50% - 70 % (for impactful projects) of the qualifying project costs and available for companies registered in Singapore. Further information on the call, application, and eligibility below.
- Call for Proposals - https://www.mpa.gov.sg/web/portal/home/maritime-companies/research-development/call-for-proposals/CFP2020
- Eligibility Criteria - https://www.mpa.gov.sg/web/portal/home/maritime-companies/research-development/Funding-Schemes/mint-fund-criteria
If you have any queries, you may direct them to MINT@mpa.gov.sg.