The US Department of Defense (DoD) has announced an opportunity for UK Industry to submit proposals for new technologies to the Director for Developmental Test, Evaluation and Prototyping (DTEP) DOD R&E, for their new Global Needs Statement on www.beta.sams.gov (search: DTEP). The task is intended to identify innovative technologies being independently developed by industry.
This opportunity is open to all - small, medium, and large companies - that feel they have products or services that could meet the areas described in the Global Need Statement. This agile innovation outreach process casts a wide net to collect compelling prototyping ideas with only a 100-word submission. The Needs Statement is only open until 30 April. The full information on this Contracting opportunity for the DTEP Global Needs Statement can be found here.
In short, they are looking for innovative technologies, not just in defence, but also in autonomy, AI/ML and biotechnology.
The Foreign Comparative Test Program team will be involved in the evaluation of non-US submissions as possible candidates for future FCT proposals. This process is a great way for UK companies to introduce their capabilities to the DoD, this is not a new process, UK industry has secured over $3Bn in funding over the last 30 years of the FCT Program – please ensure that you do not share any proprietary data (your secret sauce) until you have an NDA or other agreement in place. This activity allows the US DoD to review capabilities from UK companies during the ongoing COVID situation in lieu of their travel to overseas trade shows and ensures that UK companies are not overlooked while FCT continues to find, assess & afield world-class technologies to enhance US military capabilities.
To ensure your submission is reviewed please follow the guidance below;
a. Companies interested in participating in the Solutions Meeting can submit an unclassified application to the Rapid Reaction Technology Office (RRTO) Innovation via e-mail: email@example.com.
b. The following information is required in the application. (Note: Only one application is permitted per company, or per major division of a large company.): ** all applications must be in the body of the email. No attachments are allowed.
1) Email subject line “DTEP Solutions Meeting Application”
2) Company name
3) Website address
4) POC, email, phone number and an alternate POC if desired
5) A succinct single paragraph description (100 words or less in length and no bullets) of the technology that the company plans to discuss if they are selected to present at the Solutions Meeting. This description must focus on the technology and the envisioned use of that technology, and not a description of the company. The current TRL of the technology and the basis for assertion must be included.
6) Identify one modernization or interest area in the emboldened lists above that the technology most appropriately fits. Do not list multiple modernization or interest areas.
7) Although the 100-word submission must be unclassified, DTEP is also interested in classified technologies. Classified briefings and discussions may be held after the initial 100-word submission is selected for the Solutions Meeting.
8) All applications must be received on or before 5:00 PM EDT, 30 April, 2020.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the Defence team at techUK.