Energy Systems Catapult is offering access to a £30-£45k package of services for up to 3 SMEs, with each SME needing to fund £5-£10k of the services. The Catapult will fund the remaining balance through in kind contributions, with services including:
- Home Truths Panel
Testing the SME’s proposition through the our Home Truths panel, providing feedback from circa 500 consumers.
- User Experience
Offering the product/service to Living Lab homes, with the aim of trialling it in up to 5 homes. The Catapult will gather feedback from consumers in the Living Lab on the installation (for products), set up, early use and longer-term use to identify ‘loves/hates and opportunities for improvement.
- Performance data
After the trial, the Catapult will share data collected through its digital platform during the trial (e.g. gas consumption, air temperature, relative humidity, local weather) from the homes that the SME’s product/service was installed/tested in.
What type of SMEs are we looking for?
Ideally SMEs will have a product or service that is nearly ready to enter the market or already active and able to be installed in January 2020. SMEs planning to explore selling heat as a service are welcome to use existing Catapult service templates.
Examples of innovations could include:
- Using historic home and consumer data to create and price a heat service.
- Improving the performance and cost effectiveness of low carbon heating or hybrid heating solutions.
- Advanced multi zone control solutions as an enabler for better performing and more appealing low carbon heating and delivery of new energy services business models.
- Measures that improve efficiency of heat delivery or reduce heat loss from the fabric of the building.
- Diurnal to multi-day or seasonal heating storage.
- Solutions that deliver healthier lived environments which may be through improved air quality or reducing humidity and build-up of damp and mould.
What are the deadlines?
The closing date for applications is 12pm 6th January 2020. All responses will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted SMEs will be notified on the evening of the 7th January 2020 and invited to present their application to a panel at the Catapult’s Birmingham office on the 9th January 2020. Please direct all questions in relation to your application to email@example.com.