Since 2016, the Energy Systems Catapult has been developing insights into running energy service trials in real-world homes, while undertaking detailed analysis of the consumer and technical data captured.
Thei new Living Lab is made up of 100 real-world homes upgraded with room-by-room sensors and smart heating controls. It's a place where energy innovators can trial new products and services with real consumers.
It's now open for innovation trials this winter. With support from Catapult experts, we can help innovators rapidly design, market-test and launch smart energy products and services, via three routes:
- Design, price and trial Energy-as-a-Service this winter
- Test your innovation works for vulnerable customers by designing it with them
- Overcome installation challenges by testing your product in real homes
Energy product companies can learn:
- what consumers like about your product and how much they are willing to pay
- insights into how consumers use your product
- how your product performs in a real-world home environment (eg. how fast does it warm rooms up, is
it cheaper/better with your product than before, what is the overall impact on homes and consumers).
The Energy Systems Catapult want to accelerate your innovation from idea to impact with the least effort. To help you we have a range of additional services, such as:
- online market research
- energy service design
- data exploration and analysis
- data science support/algorithm development
- policy and regulatory advice.
Download the Asset Guide: Living Lab
For more information contact:
email@example.com / 07741 263 002
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07976 792 008