In 2020 Pride Month looks a little different in Atos. As we are in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic we have had to find different ways to show our solidarity and Pride with the LGBT+ community this year.
We have worked hard to create an engaging programme of activities to bring our members together. We started with the ‘Understanding the Rainbow webinar series,’ delivered by Co Chair Tamsin McCarthy in the six weeks prior to Pride Month, these weekly virtual sessions were designed to provide information on LGBT+ terminology, highlight the challenges faced by different sexual orientation and gender identities as well as dispelling some common myths and providing tips for allies.
As we reached Pride month we have a number of activities planned such as:
- Pride Month Webinar – on 29 June we will be holding our annual Global Pride Webinar. ‘Take Pride in Us’, hosted by Global Chief Diversity Officer Denise Reed-Lamoreaux, will reflect on Atos, Stonewall, our new Allies programme, the impact of social isolation on our community, and a look at events still taking place around the globe. We are also thrilled to that we will be joined by Elsa Le Pennec from the United Nations as our external guest speaker on the call.
- Launch of Pride Connect – This is a video content series created by Co Chair Sam Ellis. In these videos Sam explores topics such as how Covid19 has impacted the LGBT+ community, the beginnings of the Stonewall movement through to the parades and celebrations of the 21st Century, as well as finding out more about Atos commitments to organisations like Stonewall, Autre Cercle and the United Nations.
- Allies Programme - We will shortly be launching the Atos D&I Allies Programme, designed to encourage active, visible allies across our organisation. The programme will provide tailored support and recognition for allies working hard to embed an inclusive culture within our workplace.
- Ask Us Anything 2020 – each year we run an Ask Us Anything event. Questions can be submitted anonymously in advance and the Pride Network steering committee then address the topic during an interactive webinar.
- Virtual Prides – We are promoting the many virtual pride events to our member and encouraging them to share pictures of their celebrations.
Our focus for the rest of 2020 we will be to continue to grow our employee network and develop our support for LGBT+ employees and allies. We are currently in the middle of an LGBT+ policy audit to continually develop our policies and ensure they are as LGBT+ inclusive as possible. We are also developing learning materials with our global colleagues to continue the learning of all employees.
In addition to this, and following the Black Lives Matter movement, we updated our logo to add black and brown colours to our flag, representing the intersectionality of our Pride community and showing our support for equality across all races.
Cheryl Allen is HR Director of Culture and Transformation at Atos, a leading global technology organisation, where she is employed as HR Director for Transformation UK&I. Cheryl has spent most of her working life in HR, spanning most of the function from generalist through to subject matter expert roles. She is a Fellow Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD). Cheryl is especially interested in HR analytics, automation & combining these emerging practices with people to really add value & be a ‘game changer’ for HR.