These are the key findings in Ofcom's Connected Nations update: Summer 2020:
- Full-fibre broadband is now available to 14% of UK homes
- Ultrafast broadband is now available to 57% of UK properties
- Superfast broadband is available to 95% of UK properties
- 98% of UK properties can access ‘decent’ broadband from a fixed line
- Mobile coverage remains stable
This comes ahead of Ofcom's annual Connected Nations report which will be published in December. The December report will include full analysis of UK network availability, take-up and resilience.
You can view the update here.
techUK have a Fibre Driving and Infrastructure Sharing Working Group which works to enhance the deployment of Fibre and 5G networks through engaging and collaborating with local authorities through collaborating with techUK’s Local Government Programme.