This week the techUK Central Government programme is running its fifth SME Campaign Week, from 8 - 12 June. We will aim to explore the technologies that SMEs can deploy to support our public services, but also the barriers they face accessing the public sector tech market. It provides our members and stakeholders the opportunity to look in depth at the vital role SMEs can play in the transformation and delivery of public services.
A different theme has been assigned to each day of the campaign week; and we were really keen to hear thoughts from both SMEs and large companies their visions for future public services and the innovative technologies that can make those visions a reality. We will also look at the importance of collaboration between SMEs and large companies, and in light of the current pandemic, we will be looking at how the tech industry can continue to support public services in a post-COVID world.
Please see below a list of the blogs that have been submitted, we will be updating them as we upload:
Monday 8 June - Public services of the future - What will our public services of the future look like for citizens?
- How modern networks are changing how we think about public services by Martin McFadyen, Head of Public Sector at Virgin Media Business
- How will public sector digital solutions serve citizens in the future? By Paul Tomlinson, IEG4
- The cloud-based public worker by Kim Erbo Christensen, Country Manager UK, Dania Software
- Public services will never be the same again by Glen Ocsko, Client Director, UKCloud
- The importance of user-centred design in future public services by Sam Menter, Co-founder and Managing Director, Mace & Menter
- Councils of the future will be data-driven, joined-up and automated by Chris Cook, Founder, GARNET8
Tuesday 9 June - Catalysts for change - What emerging technologies will be most important in transforming public service delivery?
- Modernising digital identity attestation for a post-COVID world by Nick Williamson, CEO, Qadre
- Taking notice of change in public service XML documentation by Sasha Hayden, DeltaXML
- COVID, digital tech, the environment and us by Sean Gulliford, Principal Consultant, Gemserv
- COVID-19 magnifies the importance of inventory management in the NHS by Nicola Hall, Founder & COO, Ingenica Solutions
- The importance of data and emerging tech in public service delivery by John McMahon, Product Director, IEG4
- All rise for a new justice system by Martin McFadyen, Head of Public Sector, Virgin Media Business
Wednesday 10 June - Collaboration - How will we promote collaboration and drive innovation?
- Innovating through change and crisis by David Lawton, Technical Director, Informed Solutions
- Let’s unleash skills to drive Britain’s digital transformation by Jude Satchell-Foley, HR Director - Center of Expertise at Atos UK&I
- Three positive steps towards the future of collaboration by Paul Young, KBR
- Public service collaboration is silver lining from COVID cloud by Natalie Duffield, IntechnologySmartCities, part of Intechnology plc
- How to keep citizen data secure whilst managing a remote workforce by Andy Swift, Head of Offensive Security at Six Degrees
- The private sector – hidden heroes in healthcare transformation by Martin McFadyen, Head of Public Sector at Virgin Media Business
- A digital groundwork to enable innovation and encourage collaboration by John Jervis, IEG4
Thursday 11 June - A new normal - How will the tech sector continue to support public services in a post-COVID world?
- A new normal – working in public sector post COVID-19 by Chris Mason, CEO Namos Solutions
- What will the future of our cities look like? by Matt Lewis, Research Director at NCC Group
- Learning from a crisis - building resilience by virtualising care by Tony Bowden, CEO at Helicon Health
- The future of local public services: interconnected digital ‘engines' by John McMahon, Product Director, IEG4
- Digital transformation in the public sector starts and ends with data by James Fraser, Public Sector Director at Digiterre
- Finding the right direction for IT in a reborn public sector by Marc Silvester, Founder & CEO at Silxo Ltd.
- Secure team working, secure collaboration, secure distributed working by Jeremy Ackroyd, Surevine
Friday 12 June - #Procuring4growth – How can procurement foster innovation?
- Unravelling the planning software and innovation conundrum by Richard Sankey, Arcus Global
- How can SME innovation foster procurement? by Lindsay Smith, Ctrl O
- Is your current value proposition relevant post-Covid? by Mike Ward and Neville Sankey, B Cubed via their Navigation Channel initiative
- Driving innovation for a better normal post-COVID by Patricia (Paddy) La Torre, Public Policy and Partnerships Manager, Humanising Autonomy
You can also follow the conversation on Twitter @techUK #Procuring4Growth