Following a roundtable at 10 Downing Street (when such things were just about allowed), techUK have been working with NHSX to offer support from the technology industry to the Health Service. NHSX are now triaging hundreds of offers of support received in advance of their initial deadline last week and will be contacting companies directly.
There are several other avenues for supporting the Health and Care system that companies may wish to explore or pass on:
- The Cabinet Office have now set up a website to collate offers of support across Government (including the NHS).You can input details here;
- There is also a separate questionnaire specifically for companies that can support the supply of ventilators and ventilator components in the UK;
- NHSX is calling on all innovators who can support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating during COVID-19 to apply for government funding of up to £25,000 to test their solution;
- A group of current and former NHS CIOs/ technologists are collating offers of support to NHS frontline services. They have set up this site and Slack channel. If relevant, we would recommend joining the channel and they will collate and direct the offers accordingly;
- Shane Tickell, Vice Chair of the techUK Health and Social Care Council has been liaising with the World Health Organization on interoperability, social distancing, supply chain management and forecasting and offers of resource. If you are able to offer support, please contact him at email@example.com;
- techUK is also hosting a Coronavirus hub with the latest tech news and case studies relating to the pandemic. If you would like to highlight the work that you are doing to combat COVID-19 on the site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.