If you have a new, innovative product or service in development which uses personal data and which will benefit the public, then the ICO want to hear from you.
The Sandbox is open to organisations of all sizes and from all sectors – public, private and third - and will help to mitigate risk of technical or operational innovations breaching data protection law. The Sandbox will also provide some comfort from enforcement action and, where feasible, increased public reassurance that innovative products and services are not in breach of data protection legislation. Applications will close at noon on Friday 24 May.
Benefits of participating in the Sandbox may include:
- free access to ICO expertise and support;
- enhanced confidence in the compliance of your finished product or service;
- a better understanding of the data protection frameworks and how these effect your business;
- being seen as accountable and proactive in your approach to data protection by customers, investors, peer organisations and the ICO, leading to increased consumer trust in your organisation;
- supporting the UK in its ambition to be an innovative economy; and
- contributing to the development of products and services that can be shown to be of value to the public.
Further details on the Sandbox, its benefits, eligibility criteria and the application process can be found via the Guide to the Sandbox on the ICO website or by emailing the team at email@example.com.