All this week we are shining a light on the opportunities and benefits of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to the UK and the steps that need to be taken to make UK organisations and society ready to realise the full benefits of AI.
Throughout this week we will be sharing guest blogs, videos and podcast interviews with AI thought leaders, press articles and daily tweets exploring what an AI driven UK might look like and how we get there. We are also holding a joint techUK AI and cyber security session on Tuesday 24 April, with speakers from Splunk and Rackspace. Spaces are still free for this session so click here to come along.
During AI week, techUK will also be launching techUK’s AI Leaders Campaign aimed at promoting UK leaders in AI. Every month techUK will promote an individual that is helping organisations across both the public and private sector to realise the economic benefits and social power of AI technologies. Keep a look out this week to see who will be techUK’s first AI Leader!
techUK is proud to support The AI Summit, the flagship AI show for London Tech Week. techUK members are eligible for a 15% discount. Learn more here.
Throughout the week our members and other industry experts will be contributing blogs on:
- Driving AI adoption and use cross all UK sectors and industries
- Public sector opportunities for AI and challenges to deployment
- Cyber security and AI
- Ethical issues raised by AI
- How to prepare the UK workforce for AI
Catch up on all of this great material by viewing all of the posts so far in the links below.
Monday: How to drive adoption and use of AI across all UK sectors and industries
- Guest blog: AI: An opportunity, not a threat by Susan Bowen, Congeco Peer 1.
- Guest blog: How can we maximise the adoption and use of AI in the UK? by Shane Rigby, Atos.
- Guest blog: Artificial lawyers: What next for the trusted advisor? by Ben Allgrove, Baker McKenzie.
- Guest blog: AI will power the fourth Industrial Revolution. Are you ready? by Joni Lindes, PredictX.
- Guest blog: Sharpening the UK's AI skill-set by Andrew Lawson, Salesforce.
- Guest video: An introductory framework to what is, and how to adopt, AI by Jonathan Hobday.
- Guest blog: AI 'deployment risks' and the importance of managing them effectively by Vikram Khurana and Erik Müürsepp, Bristows LLP.
Tuesday: Public sector opportunities for AI and challenges to deployment
- Guest blog: Don't waste your intelligence! by Peter Ford, Pegasystems Ltd.
- Guest video: AI improves service to Aylesbury Vale residents from DigitalGenius.
- Guest blog: You and AI: the importance of public dialogue by Jessica Montgomery, Royal Society.
- Guest blog: Can humans and machines work together to drive transport forward? by Daren Wood, Resonate.
- Council of the Future: is there a role for AI? by Georgina Maratheftis, techUK.
- Guest blog: AI4Gov: great opportunity, great responsibility by Matthew Robinson, Accenture.
Wednesday: Cyber security and data protection
- Guest video: Machine learning to identify fraud from Taylor Vinters
- Guest blog: Using standards to make AI a success by Maria Axente and Tim McGarr, BSI and PWC
- Guest blog: Using AI to analyse users - promise or threat? by Ewan Anderson, Capita
- Guest blog: Cyber security and AI - opportunites and challenges by Gordon Morrison, Splunk
- Guest blog: Artificial Intelligence and the problem with privacy by Ivana Bartoletti, Gemserv
- Guest blog: Government reports consider data privacy and cyber security challenges by Ann LaFrance, Squire Patton Boggs
- Opportunities and and challenges for cyber and AI from techUK (members only)
Thursday: AI and ethics
- techUK AI leaders | Kriti Sharma, VP, Artificial Intelligence, Sage
- Guest blog: Responsible and inclusive AI taking shape in the UK by Paul Ryan, IBM
- Guest blog: Five burning questions on AI and ethics by Dominic Holmes, Taylor Vinters
- AI, ethics and data: a watershed moment for AI and tech by Sue Daley, techUK
- Guest blog: The importance of digital ethics by Bhumika Zhaveri, Interimarket
- Guest blog: UK wants to lead the world in digital ethics... but what does that mean? by Imogen Parker, Nuffield Foundation
- Guest blog: The ethical challenge of Artificial Intelligence by Matt Allison, Access Partnership
- Guest blog: A question of ethics? by Carl Austin, BJSS
- Guest video: Transparancy in machine learning from Taylor Vinters
- Guest blog: Who's looking after the little guys? by Peter Bloomfield, Digital Catapult
Friday: Preparing the UK workforce for AI
- Guest blog: AI vs human-to-human interaction by Anish Shah, Capita
- Guest video: Building the AI robots by Jonathan Hobday, Cortex
- Guest blog: Three customer engagement issues best solved by AI by Andy Peart, Artificial Solutions
- Guest blog: Preparing for AI: futureproofing your workforce by Martin Ewings, Experis
- Guest blog: How AI will make smart contract "smart" by Huu Nguyen, Squire Patton Boggs
- Guest blog: AI: preparing for the future by Rachel Neaman, Corsham Institute
- Guest blog: AI and the Internet of Things by Phillippa Westbury, Royal Academy of Engineering
- Guest blog: The BI to AI shift has happened: how to catch up (+ why it matters) by Jennifer Roubaud-Smith, Dataiku
- Guest video: Humans vs Robots from Taylor Vinters
- Guest blog: AI and customer experience management by David Cousins, Capita
- Guest blog: Jobs hacked and jobs hatched by Dr Liliana Danila, BRC
- Guest blog: Global outlook on AI looks rosy—but can the UK keep up? by Ciarán Daly, AI Business